Trevi House Registered Manager
Trevi House – Registered Manager – full time permanent contract
A rare opportunity has arisen at Trevi House.
We are looking to appoint a new Registered Manager.
Could you be the right person for this interesting and rewarding role?
We need someone who is passionate about delivering high quality care for women and their children. Who is passionate about ensuring families are offered the best possible opportunity to achieve a recovery together.
Strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential to success in this role alongside the ability to use your initiative and motivate a team.
This is an exciting time of growth for Trevi House. You will work alongside the senior management team to deliver the strategic business plan and ensure that the message of Trevi House is successfully communicated with key stakeholders.
To apply please complete an application form online.
Applicants will be shortlisted according to how well you meet the criteria in the person specification.
Please highlight and explain how you meet these using the application form.
If you have been shortlisted for interview, you will be informed by email. Regrettably, we are normally unable to acknowledge unsuccessful applicants.
Women only need apply under schedule 9 (Part 1) of the Equality Act 2010. Recruitment consultancies/agencies should not approach Trevi House with regards to open vacancies. We regret that agency candidates will not be considered.
Closing Date – Monday 17th December Interviews to take place Thursday 20th and Friday 21st December
Knowledge and Skills Required - essential
NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification
Good understanding of the regulatory responsibilities of a Registered Manager and the law relating to residential care services
Excellent understanding of the principles of high quality person centred care and support and non-discriminatory care practice
Understanding of systems to maintain confidentiality in relation to customers, staff and the business
Knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to homecare services and risk management
Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures
Experience of care services, risk assessment and person centred care and support
At least 2 years relevant experience in an operational management capacity in a health and social care setting
• Experience of w orking in/managing a domiciliary service
• Experience of managing an effective team
• A know ledge and understanding of the current legal responsibilities and standards of the service, including the need for the management and delivery of person centred services
Flexible approach to w orking hours (w ith ability to w ork hours to needs of the business)
• A good team ethic
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Commitment to the goals of the department Essential Organisation as a whole
• Non judgemental approach to drug and alcohol use
• Enthusiastic and solution focussed approach
• NVQ 3 (or equivalent) Trained in Social Care
• Familiarity and / or confidence to work with children aged 0 – 8 years
• To problem solve effectively and use own initiative
• Ability to listen empathically to residents
• Ability to help residents to problem solve / find solutions
• Willingness to ask for help if unsure in a situation
• Willingness to participate in supervision and reflect upon own learning / development • Ability to work as part of a busy team
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to maintain clear professional boundaries
• Understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to respond appropriately to any concerns.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• To understand the importance of, and be committed to, equality of opportunity and diversity
• To understand the importance of confidentiality in this area of work
• To have a flexible approach to work
• Willingness to drive Trevi Mini Bus
Knowledge and Skills Required - desirable
• To hold a full clean driving licence
• IT Experience
• Qualified in Medication Handling and Administration
• Qualified in First Aid
• Previous experience of working within residential rehab or parenting assessment unit
JOB TITLE: Registered Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Direct supervision of day team, Health lead, out of hours team leader. Operational oversight of students and volunteers.
SALARY: £30,000 per annum
LOCATION: Trevi House
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week to include on call 1 night in 7 Hours include weekends and evenings in line with the 24-hour nature of a residential service
DISCLOSURE REQUIRED: Enhanced DBS
JOB PURPOSE: As Registered Manager you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of Trevi House ensuring continued compliance with relevant legislation. Working in partnership with the team, you will ensure that Trevi House is a nurturing and safe environment where dedicated staff deliver high quality care to women and their children.
• Admissions Manager
• Key worker team
• Sunflower Recovery Team
• Nursery team
• Admin and finance team
• Team Support Workers
• Health lead
• Drug teams
• Social work teams
• Maternity services
• Primary care teams
• Adelaide Street Surgery
• Boots Pharmacy
• Devon Doc
• Derriford Hospital